Sunday, June 12, 2016

hola familia y amigos !
Estoy muy emocionado de que un correo electrónico hoy !!!
haha ok.. ill stop with the Spanish. Its kind of getting annoying to switch pages between google translate and my email. but seriously! i am so happy to be emailing everyone!
You're probably wondering why I am writing in espanol. Well you probably guessed. I am in Mexico Missouri!! Population 71 (73 including me and my companion). You guys, you have NO CLUE how much i love it here. It is so great! Let me clear up Mexico for you. Its this little podunk town, literally more cows than there are people, no one speaks spanish so dont let the name fool you, and the people are the most genuinely nice people you can ever meet. Me and Sister White are SO spoiled here!! Sister White is my companion! she is from Gilbert Az and is 23. Shes the greatest. we are having so much fun together! maybe even a little too much fun... haha but man we are getting work done!!
I guess i skipped a little ahead of myself so i will start from the beginning. My flights where awesome! my first flight i sat next to this hippie girl (dad im sure you saw her when we were checking my bags) but she stayed quiet the whole flight till about 20 minutes until we descended then she saw me reading preach my gospel and she was like "what you know Jesus Christ!" and we introduced ourselves and where we are traveling then she proceeded to HAND ME MY BUTT ON A SILVER PLATTER as she told me how wrong my church was and giving off bible quotes. I just sat there like oh.. cool... and she proceeded to call her self a prophet and prayed for me... out loud... on the plane! Needless to say i learned my lesson and haven't wasted one second in my personal studies! my second flight was great! first class baby! haha i honestly didn't know how to handle myself it was so boozy. But as we were about to touch down and i saw missouri tears filled my eyes and the greatest feeling of peace come over me and i felt at home. Who would of thunk! me thinking of missouri as home haha but i did! and those feelings answered just about every prayer leading up to my mission.
tuesday, wednesday, and, thursday where busy with unpacking settling in and zone conference ( i saw so many friends from the mtc!! ) so we didnt get to teaching till friday sorta but man... hold on to your keyboard because do i have story for you!
So there is a man in our ward, Chris, who LOVES to pull pranks on the new sisters. So called Sister white and gave her the low down. She wanted to prank him back though so she filled me in. Basically he was going to pretend to be an investigator who wanted to join our church because he wants to be a polygamist. we got to his house and i stayed quiet while they talked and eventually we got on the polygamist convo. and I like ten minutes in i was like "wow well... i havent even told sister white this but.." and sister white is like busting up laughing so i said "sister dont laugh this is serious... I was actually raised in a polygamist family" and i have never seen someones face look so embarrassed and ashamed in my whole life!!! haha Chris was like "oh..this was a joke.. dont say anymore.. uh uh sorry" and i started balling my eyes out and was just like "wait so i didnt have to say that!?" and sister white took me to the bathroom to compose myself haha and we decided to keep it going. we sat down and were just like "yeah i know sister white told you i was already out before and the reason i went home was because the church is investigating my family.." hahaha needless to say he feels really bad and still believes us! we are milking it so hard(;
On a serious note, i just wanted to share with everyone how grateful i am for everyone support theyve given me over the last couple months. I dont think i have ever felt this complete happiness in a long time. I dont go one day, scratch that, one hour without feeling the spirit in my life. The holy ghost is so strong in my life and any fear i had about coming back out to serve my mission is completely gone. I have ended my day every day telling sister white how happy i am and its so true!! I am smiling most of the day!
We picked up 2 new investigators yesterday! a husband wife and their 2 year old daughter. They really have a desire and yoou can tell they are going to go far.
Ill send some pictures in another email because sister white needs to send me pictures from her camera since i dont have a charger for mine... Chris has a bajillion and one different chargers so we are going to go see if he has one today! after we go fishing at there little river! everyone has one of those here...
Lots of love,
Sister Bustillos

P.s. My adress is 2134 e liberty mexico, Mo 65265
send lots of letters please!! i need proof of adress to come back to the library. Plus i just love letters!
P.P.s here are my favorite things ive heard this week
"Hey!! we've got a mexican sister for you!!" - Addie 9 y/o haha there are some hispanic kids in the ward and she was excited to introduce me to them!
"what!? you dont like to read the book of mormon!? thats how you get the blessings!" - Manny 11 y/o

No comments:

Post a Comment