Thursday, June 30, 2016

Father's Day

happy (day after) fathers day!!
goodmorning family!!

this week went by in a flash! I seriously do not understand how that keeps happening! But its true what they say...time flies when youre having fun! and thats really what i have been having! Dont get me wrong its a lot of hard work out here and i am dead tired at the end of the day but Its always a fun day! Me and Sister White really like to make sure our mission work is fun! We are getting along really well and continue to get closer. Its pretty cool to watch someone be one of your best friends in just a short amount of time! we kid around and say that this means im going to be cursed with sucky companions the rest of my mission because i started out with such a good one again!
This week we got to meet with a lot of our investigators and a lot of our less actives! We have a two families of three right now that we are teaching and they are progressing SO well! I swear they know more doctorine that me! haha One of the families already accepted an invitation to be baptized but are waiting until their adoptions are final (have i already mentioned this?) but they are the sweetest family ever! They always give us bags of food and the kids give the BIGGEST hugs! I love going to go see them! The other family we are teaching are super great! we spent a good chunk of saturday helping ashliegh (the wife..shes 25) making minnie mouse decorations for her 2 year olds birthday party this sunday! She started playing drake and rhianna for a while and not gonna lie it was pretty weird to hear it... me and sister white both agreed that it totally took away the spirirt and made it hard for us to keep our converstations chirst centered with her. It was a sucky experience to have those feelings leave but it was also really cool to gain a deeper understanding of the rules set in place for us. It makes me very grateful and a little more receptive to all the strict guidelines Presidant Morgan has set for us. Still we felt like we had to clean our ears out and motab as soon as we got into our car hahah. 
Fathers day came and passed SO quick! again, im sorry i keep saying things are going by so quick haha. Dad, i was told you got my little package!! I hope you liked it! the card totally sums up where i am serving and the people here agreed haha! Sacrament meeting on sunday was a bit different from what its like at home. Our earthly fathers werent really talked about and it was all focused on our Heavenly Father! it was pretty cool because it was confirming a lot to my prayers i had the previous week! One of the cool things that was focused on was that we are Gods work. He focus' on nothing but us! and that his love is perfect towards us. One of the speakers has us imagine returning to our Heavenly Father and approaching him at judgment day. I had alsways pictured my return to God would be him wrapping his arms around me and welcoming me back but never imagined what he would do during my judgment. The speaker went on to say that our Heavenly Father will take us in our arms and wont spend this time rebuking us but turn to the savior and allow him to take our past sins from us. Could you imagine that! We are going to remember every short coming we have had during our earthly life and Heavenly Father isnt going to be there and shake his finger at us but continue to express his love for us! I thought it was pretty cool to reflect on. Later in sacrament the primary kids sang and i know i should of been focusing on papa pancho during the songs but all i thought about was how its joaquins last time singing a fathers day song with the primary because hes going to be 12 next year!! and then i started crying because i missed him and then crying even more because i was so excited for what this next year has in store for him! I brag about joaquin all the time to people and i bet i wont even shut up about him when he starts to pass teh sacrmaent! Hes the best!! We'll like i said sacrament wasnt exactly focused on our dads here on earth so i did a little personal study on fathers from the ensign and read an artcile from President Uchtdorf (the homie. we had ice cream together once. well.. in the same room once.. same thing) and the article started off with our heavenly father and then lead into our earthly fathers and gave a list on what fathers should be fulfing on earth as a parent. I wrote down the list in my journal and checked off the ones i think my dad has fulfilled. No shocker here i checked off every little box! Lives and honest life, rushes to his childrens aid, at the correct time allows his children to struggle, and so on. Of course my dad could check off everything on that list!
Dad, you are amazing! and i have so much love and respect for you! You are such an example to all of us and are always so selfless in the way you serve others. Like i dont think i know anyone else who would get of his car on a main street to help a blind guy hahaha. But seriously dad! not a day goes by out here that i am not applying something you have taught me in my life!
For Fathers day we went to the haubners ( i know i mention them a lot but there are like 5 sets of haubners in the ward haha so dont worry i do switch off!) but we watched an amazing video on fathers!! and then we went around and shared one thing our earthly father has done for us and one thing our Heavenly Father has done for us. It got to me and i had a million things i wanted to say about both people! for dad i said he has taught me and has been the example of selfless work, Ill never forget the last things you said to me when we said goodbye at the airport! to just forget myself and get out there and kill it! those are my motivating words everytime i feel like something is a little too much. and for my Heavenly Father i said that he taught me and continues to teach me that he knows me better. He knows the women i am capable of becoming and he knows the way i am supposed to become her. 
I love you all so much!!
Xoxo
SIster bustillos!
this weeks favorite quote comes from the end of this video
watch to find out(;
pictures:
ashliegh our investigator!
and the new puppies!

No comments:

Post a Comment