Monday, November 7, 2016

Adios Mexico

Holy Cow this transfer has come and gone so quick! and its November? NUTS! Itll be Christmas before we know it! 

So the dreaded day has come and its time for me to leave Mexico ): It was one of the hardest things to be told that I am being transferred but after 6 months it was kind of inevitable. The weekend was full of goodbyes and lots of tears. I never thought i would come out on my mission and find people i consider family. It felt like i was leaving home for a mission all over again. Mexico will always have a piece of me and I hope and pray that i made a tiny difference there. I got my new call to Crystal City MO. I have no clue where it is. Just that its closer the St Louis, i guess! I know some sisters that have served there and have heard great things so I am stoked to be able to experience more of the mission.  Here is my new address:
3235 Richardson pl. Apt #8
arnold, mo
63010

Letters much appreciated (;

Okay so lets start with the funnies of the week shall we!?
First of all, who remember the shed we live in? Ya well the door fell off!! Like on the floor in the dirt off!! haha shed happens i guess(; But we had to wait around for the door fixer guy to come put it back on because we didnt want to just leave the shed with no doors on... plus the front door was hanging on by a screw...one screw!! haha it made for a funny story but the shed was covered in bugs!! Earlier that week we went to a members home for dinner but before we could go we had to drop off the daughter at riding lessons down the street and she insisted we bring bingo!! Whose Bingo?? Her pet goat! He is the cutest thing ever! I sat in the back with him on the 2 minute drive over and he just chilled by me the whole time! Someone get me a pet goat when i get back pleasse??

So Yesterday we got to have a pretty cool experience before we left Mexico. I taught a lesson in SPANISH!! Okay not really but we taught and a member translated for us. I was so so nervous going into this lesson because of the language barrier and was quiet the debbie downer with my negative thoughts. I didnt think the lesson would go well or that anything would be undertsood so i went dove in with the worst attitude! We asked sister loyd ( the member ) to give the opening prayer in spanish and that instantly changed the mood of the room. The spirit quickly softened my heart and gave me a reassuring touch. We jumped into the message of the restoration and the words flowed out of our mouths. The lady we were teaching seemed to follow along quiet well and had a lot of good insight. We were all able to watch the first vision video in spanish and it brought tears to my eyes as Heavenly Father said " " (thank you google translate 😂 ) but the spirit touched me so strong as those words were said because i was able to get a little glimpse into how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how true this gospel is anywhere in the world. and im only in missouri!! Our Heavenly Father knows how great each soul is worth and He is able to show that love to anyone in any language. He loves us so much that He will give us every opportunity to feel that love. As the lady who we were teaching watched the miracle of the first vision it was made known to me by the holy ghost that no matter the language barrier He was going to make sure that this daughter of His felt His love and have the opportunity to experience more truth. With both me and Sister Ellertson leaving im not sure what will happen with her but i know that the little lesson we had with her planted a seed that Heavenly Father needed to be made. We walked away saying how cool of an experience it was to be part of something like that and for our testimonies to grow on how true this gospel is and that the truth has been restored!!

I am so so sad to be leaving Mexico but Im ready to go share my love for the Lord in Crystal City!! My mission is changing my life in ways i didnt know were possible and I can honestly say its because I have the chance to be around such amazing people and focus on them and not myself. I'm always so happy with the decision i made to come back out to Missouri and even more greatful to my Heavenly Father for directing me to do so.
 Love you all!! 
XOXO
Sister Bustillos







No comments:

Post a Comment